Kemnay Village Hall was built around 1878 by a group of local businessmen called The Kemnay Public Hall Company. In 1950 it was presented to the villagers and a Trust formed. The Trustees were the locally elected Councillor, the Manager of the Clydesdale Bank and the Head Teacher of Kemnay School. There was also a Management Committee elected from the groups using the hall.
About 1953 the kitchen, ladies and gents cloakrooms on the north and south were built, the projection room formed for showing films and the stage created where there had been an upstairs room. A wooden hut for the use of elderly residents called Friendship House was added at the east end in 1958.
In 1986 a small extension was built on the north side consisting of two adjacent dressing rooms, a toilet and a storeroom. Land was purchased at the rear of the Hall through to Paradise Road. The Trust continued until 1997 when Gordon District Council purchased the premises, which continued to be run by the locally elected Committee.
In 1998 work started on the large extension at the rear of the Hall doubling its size and including a car park entering from Paradise Road. The new accommodation comprised two meeting rooms, Friendship Room and Wainman Room, a reception office, a working office, an interview room, a coffee bar, and ladies, gents and disabled toilet. This extension was completed in March 1999. Refurbishment of the original Hall was completed in 2001.
Usage of the Hall and the adjoining rooms is managed by a Committee. Kemnay Village Hall Management Committee is a charity registered in Scotland, No SCO14396.